Transactions | Compliance | Sports Law
2. NOT LEGAL ADVICE. The materials on this Site have been prepared by YL for informational purposes only and are not legal advice. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Internet visitors and online readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel. Although YL endeavors to keep this Site current and accurate, the content on the Site may not reflect current legal developments. Yakovee Law expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on the content of this Site.
3. CONTACTING YAKOVEE LAW. Yakovee Law cannot represent you until it knows that doing so will not create a conflict of interest. Also, YL cannot treat unsolicited information as confidential. Accordingly, please do not send YL any information about any matter until you receive a written statement from YL that it represents you (an “engagement letter”). By accessing this Site, you agree that YL may review any information you transmit to it. You recognize that YL’s review of your information, even if you submitted it in a good faith effort to retain YL, and even if you consider it confidential, does not preclude YL from representing another client directly adverse to you, even in a matter where that information could and will be used against you.
4. IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE. To comply with certain U.S. Treasury regulations, YL informs you that unless expressly stated otherwise in writing, any U.S. federal tax advice contained on this Site, including attachments, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on such taxpayer by the Internal Revenue Service.
5. OFFICE LOCATION & RESPONSIBLE ATTORNEY. To the extent that any applicable ethical rules or laws require YL to designate a principal office and/or a single attorney responsible for this Site, YL designates its Marina del Rey, California office at 4640 Admiralty Way, Suite 500, Marina del Rey, California, 90232, telephone (310) 497-9908 and Vered Yakovee (firstname.lastname@example.org) as the responsible attorney.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. ©Copyright 2021 by Yakovee Law. All rights reserved. Yakovee Law claims a copyright in, or license to, all proprietary and copyrightable text, graphics and computer code on this Site, the overall design of this Site, and the selection, arrangement and presentation of all materials on this Site, including information in the public domain. You agree not to copy, reproduce, republish, transmit, modify, or distribute any of the materials contained on the Site, except for your personal, noncommercial use, absent the written approval of Yakovee Law and the relevant third party, if applicable.
7. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES. If you use any links on the Site to websites not maintained by YL, you will leave YL’s Site. The linked sites are not under the control of YL and YL is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained on a linked site. Yakovee Law provides these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply recommendation, approval, or endorsement by YL of the site.
8. RULES OF CONDUCT. While using the Site you will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. In addition, YL expects users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your use of the Site is conditioned on your compliance with the rules of conduct set forth in this section; your failure to comply with such rules may result in termination of your access to the Site. You agree that you will not:
a. Use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
b. Use the Site to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others’ privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Site;
c. Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that YL endorses any statement you make;
d. Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such networks;
e. Transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or that may be or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment;
f. Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site (including without limitation by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site);
g. Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site;
h. Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Site;
i. Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site;
j. Frame or mirror any part of the Site without YL’s prior express written consent;
k. Create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site content; or
l. Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine,” or in any way gather Site content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site without the express prior written consent of YL. Notwithstanding the foregoing, YL grants the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials solely in connection with each operator’s public online search service. Yakovee Law reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific instances.
Device Information is collected using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
This Site uses Google Analytics (“Analytics”). Analytics is Google’s free web analytics tool that help in the understanding of how visitors engage with this Site. Analytics collects information anonymously and, much like examining footprints in sand, it reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Analytics uses its own set of cookies to track visitor interactions. These cookies are used to store information, such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the Site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so they can improve their website and how people find it. A different set of cookies is used for each website, and visitors are not tracked across multiple sites. Analytics customers are obliged to notify users of their use of analytics software. To disable this type of cookie, some browsers will indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis. In addition to declining cookies, you can also install the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on in your browser, which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about your website visits. You can also opt out by clicking here.
Additionally when you contact Yakovee Law (“YL”) via email through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name and email address. We refer to this information as “Contact Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Contact Information that we collect generally to communicate with you. Additionally, we may use this Contact Information to, when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize the Site (for example, by generating analytics about how visitors browse and interact with the Site).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Contact Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. Specifically, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how visitors use the Site. you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you have a request, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at Yakovee Law, 4640 Admiralty Way, Suite 500, Marina del Rey, California, 90292, United States.